rrrrrrrrrondo.


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Budva
May 7th 2009
Published: May 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

well,if you think im going to do a usual blog about 9 days worth of stuff then you are very much incorrect. so here is the last 9 days, in neat bullet point form. i shall expand on bits and pieces, and leave some tantalizing cliffhangers. im being very antisocial to write this by the way, so appreciate it.

- mostar was awesome and i fell in love with it pretty sharpish. on the first night i met a girl called casey and a guy called eric, we went for drinks and it was all good.
- we did batta's tour, and it was the most awesome intense day ever.
- we played football against a group of kids in podvelez, and absolutely annihilated them.
- me and casey saw our first ever gloworm in blagaj. then, on the way back, i managed to kill aforementioned gloworm. 'look out for the gloworm casey. oh hold on, its on my shoe'.
- rondo is the only roundabout in lonely planet for a reason.
- the fellacioraptor is probably the best dinosaur to have never existed. clever girl.
- went out for drinks wednesday night with casey, eric and ben. had a very awesome night, was a bit too drunk i would say.
- me and ben had an awesome chat about existence and whatnot, and i managed it without going insane.
- casey slept all day thursday. impressive!
- we then did batta's tour for a 2nd time. as veterans, me and casey were sent off in different places, meaning we got to see other fortresses and bunkers. we also sat in a cafe in pocitelj for a while, and a foul zephyr knocked our umbrella into a german mans face.
- me and ben started drinking on the tour very early, and had fun. however, we were a bit shamed by the 8 year old that walked past us with 2 full shopping bags full of beer. mighty.
- everyone got very ill except me. i am paying for this now however, as i too am ill.
- casey left. sad times.
- went to a market just outside mostar in vrapcici with majda and her mum. all clothes in bosnia are way too big for me.
- batta took me and another girl on our own personal tour. we got to see the partisan cemetary, which pretty much encapsulated everything lame about croatia. climbed up to stjepan kosaca's castle, and went to blagaj for the 3rd time. i love that place.
- went for tea at battas place! majda and her mum cooked, best potatoes ever.
- i went to a workshop for children with disabilities. it was difficult at first due to language and that, but i soon won them over with my useful use of boliglava. (you're giving me a headache!).
- burek and cevapi rule.
- got a bus to budva in montenegro. met some aussies who were are cool.
- met the australian version of me. only he has a beard. damn him!
- the beds in this hostel are the comfiest beds in the history of the world. amazing.
- spent the day in kotor, which was cool. walked up 1300 steps, which was less cool. view from the top was lovely though.
- on the way to kotor i had a particularly hilarious bus journey. we were stuck in a jam and our bus was directly next to an avalanche warning sign. then the bus died, and the driver had to flag down other buses. very entertaining. a 30minute journey took almost 2 hours.
- today had been a day of illness and mucho lazyness. it started to rain, so me and ben watched 9 straight episodes of seinfeld. nice!

and thats it. night train to belgrade tomorrow. im off to enjoy this bbq and feel ill. awesome!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb