Monaco


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco » Monte Carlo
October 20th 2011
Published: November 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Monaco gets comparisons to Disneyland all the time with it's fairytale cleanliness and picturesque residences. From the moment the train arrives this place does feel like a magic kingdom, the main difference only becoming apparent later on when you realize that everyone visiting is a pauper in a land of princes. If you drive a shinny new Mercedes looking cool in Santa Monica, get ready to be upstaged big-time.

Still, Monaco is used to being a tourist destination, and they’re good at not rubbing it in. If you’re decently dressed you can make it through every door, although you may soon realize nothing is in your price range on the other side.

Robyn and I began our late afternoon stroll at the castle atop the hill; this is where the Price of Monaco resides. We dined seaside overlooking the sunset. Then crashed a swanky party thrown by Bentley and finally busted into the Casino (though not having a jacket and tie kept us to the lobby). All in all, a splendid evening rubbing elbows with the hoity-toity du monde (world).


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0946s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb