The Great Escape, part 1


Advertisement
Moldova's flag
Europe » Moldova » Centre » Chisinau
August 26th 2006
Published: November 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello, Everyone -- Wendy here.

Our day was made yesterday by an incident at the orphange that melted not just our hearts, but all of the caretakers in our vicinity ...

We were doing our thing with the toddlers when suddenly around the corner popped two of our ambulatory Downs kids at high speed, running directly for us. Andre, with his huge smile and distinctive gait, led the way with Nicolietta close behind. All caretakers were in hysterics as Andre made a beeline for Adrienne, and Nicolietta positioned herself above my lap and plopped down.

It took at least five minutes for their own caretaker to realize they were missing, and she knew exactly where to find them ... we were all still laughing when she appeared at the corner and came to retrieve them.

Nicolietta made a less dramatic escape about a half hour later, and sure enough, she was on my lap when her caretaker arrived for her.

The caretakers later positioned Andre and Nicolietta in their own area, but at an angle where they could watch us with our toddler group.

We've decided we want to spend this Friday with the Downs group. They were our first group, and Friday is our last day at the orphanage.

Best to all, Wendy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb