Big day move Sicily to Malta


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta
October 2nd 2017
Published: October 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Late checkout 9.45am & down to the Teatre Polietama corner to catch the 'Prestida d Commune' (bus) to the airport. Still travelling light but managed to pack a home made pizza for our lunch. 1 hour to the airport and easy transfer. Way way too early but better waiting at the airport than in town.

There was a hitch with the next aisle/queue/flight & interestingly it took not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...but 5 staff a good half hour to work it out...in the meantime no-one was processed.....there was an awlful lot of chat & arm waving....

Met a nice Aussie couple heading to Malta too... Our flight was delayed due to the thunderstorms in Malta.

It was easy enough to catch the Direct bus into town from the airport. Our apartment is lovely & quite spacious, our hosts Jean-Pierre & Josanne left us some nice welcoming gifts consisting of croissants, large basket fruit, sparkling wine, red wine, bottled water, iced tea, coffee pods, teas, milk, nuts, chips...very thoughtful in their presentation of the apartment.

It was dark when we arrived and headed off to the superette in 'Balluta Bay' while it wasn't raining. Opened a nice bottle of red & reflected on an hours flight basically took us all day....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb