Sun, sun and more sun


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Gozo
October 21st 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our transport to MaltaOur transport to MaltaOur transport to Malta

A true classic!


Having been here three weeks we can honestly say it was an inspired idea....we are achieving all our corporate objectives. 1) Relax, 2) Get a tan, 3) Relax.....some of us are doing better than others in achieving these goals! Sharron has a great tan and has slipped into a coma!!

We took a short break from the above last week when we visited Malta which took, door to door, the same time as our flight here, mainly due to using local bus transport! However we managed to arrive without any hotel reservation into Valletta to find the four hotels it has were running a VERY good occupancy precentage (happens everywhere I go!) we managed to get the last bedroom in Valletta at the 2 star Grand Harbour Hotel...all in all a basic, clean hotel in a great position...(I completed an appriasal for moving this Hotel into a four star boutique hotel which I left with the management!)

We had a great three days on Malta and visited Sliema (for half an hour, more than enough!) and Mdina / Rabat....stopping for half a litre of Rose wine at the Xara Place (Relais & Chateau) which cost 5 Euros!!
What do you mean you've had enough!What do you mean you've had enough!What do you mean you've had enough!

Even the driver of our carriage was bored of Mark telling him of our travel plans!


Valletta is a great place to stay on Malta, plenty to see, good restaurants / bars etc....I was even happy to take in some culture and visit the Grand Palace! The views over the Grand Harbour were excellent from our roof top bar, the harbour is a regular stop over for cruise ships. It has also been used in various films inc Gladiator, Helen of Troy...

Oh well, three weeks down one to go before heading back to the UK before getting our flight to Delhi!!

see you there!!

Mark & Sharron





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Very big cruise liner!Very big cruise liner!
Very big cruise liner!

At least two of these were in at any one time....
View from our roof top barView from our roof top bar
View from our roof top bar

Great place to sit and enjoy the views of the harbour with a bottle of wine....watch that step!
Look leftLook left
Look left

View out toward to high seas
Dorset Cereals!!Dorset Cereals!!
Dorset Cereals!!

Look closely and you will see almost the full range of Dorset Cereals!! ....and that was in Valletta!!!!
Walled City MdinaWalled City Mdina
Walled City Mdina

Sharron, where are you?


21st October 2008

Nice man purse
Mark, I have got to get a man purse/bum bag like yours. Very nice!
22nd October 2008

Good weather, good wine...
Good weather, good wine AND the wholegrain goodness of Dorset Cereals? No wonder they're flocking to that sunny little isle!!
23rd October 2008

Armour Man
At least this one didn't arrive on a wet Monday morning! Can you have the guy in the armoured suit wrapped and sent to me C/O KNIGHT Frank please Ta
30th October 2008

Ah, there you are Old Boy, pleased to see the Tour is going well and you haven't lost your sense of Humour ! Pleased it is going well although there are sufficent references to the fact you are missing Blighty, except the Sun of Course. I never knew there were 2 2 Star Grand Harbour Hotels in the World ( I blame Chappell !) Anyway, keep blogging. Andrew

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb