On the train through Macedonia


Advertisement
Macedonia's flag
Europe » Macedonia » Skopje
August 17th 2005
Published: March 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Still in the train after Serbia i got to Macedonia. After heavy armed border controlls after Presevo Valley at Kumanovo i could continue towards Skopje and on to Geveglija on the border with Greece. Here i also took pictures and enjoyed the views. A change of climate told me i was getting close to Greece. The weather was getting better, sunnier and hotter. Macedonia was small village after small village and you could see many mosques in every village you passed. Far you could see the mountains and the nature was beautiful. The closer to greece the drier it got.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Me on the trainMe on the train
Me on the train

Already on Macedonian soil.
KumanovoKumanovo
Kumanovo

At the border in Kumanovo after heavy border controlls.
SkopjeSkopje
Skopje

The capital of Macedonia, Skopje. The big building is the TV building of Macedonia.
Macedonian MountainsMacedonian Mountains
Macedonian Mountains

The endless hills and mountains of Macedonia.
Macedonian villageMacedonian village
Macedonian village

The train passed several small villages along the way.
Veles trainstationVeles trainstation
Veles trainstation

The station of the city of Veles, one of the bigger cities in Macedonia but still a small village, the country is pretty rural.
Train viewTrain view
Train view

I love this picture...people hanging out of the train after endless hours of travelling.


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb