Luxembourg


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg » Vianden
August 2nd 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a great time catching up with Stefaan and Carine in Brussels - its great to see them after such a long time and they made us so welcome.

The next day, after a soggy start we set off for Luxembourg. The weather turned overnight and we had to take the tent down in the rain - not good!
After a couple of hours travelling we were all quite hungry and we needed some diesel but because it was Sunday there wasnt much open. We had a couple of abortive stops at petrol stations and began to wonder if we would find any food or diesel. After one attempt however we stumbled across a hidden grill restaurant just off the road. It was full of locals and as we walked in the atmosphere was warm and friendly (good after all the rain). We had a great steak meal which set us all up for the rest of the trip.
We arrived in Vianden and the weather was beginning to clear up. Our campsite, although quite busy was on the edge of the river and Smarty went fishing and caught some fish (sticklebacks I think). We had a wander round
Lovely,lovely PuddingLovely,lovely PuddingLovely,lovely Pudding

Smarty with her 8 different types of dessert!
Vianden and everyone except me went up the chair lift. I had suffered from a bite on my eye that made my whole face swell up. I cant say that it improved my looks!
The next day was bright sunshine and we visited the castle and the others all went down a 1km zip line - all enjoyed the experience and there are now plans to build something similar at home with the tree house as the starting point!
After several nights under canvas we decided it was time for a bit of luxury and have spent the last 24hrs in a hotel further down the river at Etterbruch.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb