Luxemburg


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg » Luxembourg City
July 27th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Brussels in the late morning and took a 3 hour train trip to Luxembourg, the 3rd country of our visit. We didn't have to go far to our hotel after arriving as it was located directly opposite the station with a great view of the station buliding much to Ross's delight.

After we had unpacked our stuff we walked in towards the main centre of old Luxembourg, located on the top of a hill after crossing a deep gorge. Unlike the other cities where we stayed there are no trams in Luxembourg and we could really notice the difference in traffic congestion.

To enter the old city we crossed a bridge across the gorge. Luxembourg is the first walled city we have visited and many of the old fortifications still remain. As the fortifications were built on the side of the gorge, there was a really big difference in elevation between the old and new cities - they have a lift built into the side of the cliff to take people from the "Grund" to the main part of the old city. After having dinner in the main square, where a band performed on a stage, we headed back to our hotel for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb