Semester in Lithuania


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Klaipeda
January 1st 2004
Published: February 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The following entries are from/during my semester in Lithuania. I have copied some information from the program website so as to place the entries into somewhat of a timeline and to give some background info on the program.

LCC


LCC (Lithuania Christian College) is a nationally and internationally recognized liberal arts university. Established in 1991, LCC has distinguished itself in the region by offering a unique, future-oriented style of education and an interactive academic environment. LCC is based in Klaipeda (Lithuania), a major icefree port city on the Baltic Sea connecting Russian and Western European business and industry. The LCC campus is located on 5.5 hectares (14 acres) of land along Kretingos street with buildings totaling 7,700 square meters (83,000 sq. ft.) The DeFehr centras includes classrooms, computer laboratories, a library, faculty and administrative offices.

The Michealsen centras multi-purpose facility includes a large hall capable of hosting 1,000 for sports events and 1,600 for auditorium events,cafeteria, fitness center and a large foyer suitable for receptions and banquets. A campus master plan calls for additional academic and dormitory space surrounding the small lake on the property.

Semester Program

Website
TIME TO TAKE A RISK AND EXPLORE
The atmosphere in Lithuania is like a mosaic of cultures with 550 students from across Europe. Be one of 30 North American students to immerse in their world - live with them (not their parents) and discover why they are driven by unique understanding of independence, freedom and possibility.

FAITHS
God is big - bigger than your church, even bigger than your denomination. You’ll interact with the three main Christian traditions - Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant - to see how different people connect with God.

TRAVEL BEYOND
Guaranteed: 4 countries in 4 months: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Russia. Unique destinations = interesting photos and stories. And with everything we teach you about being travel savvy, you’ll be able to jet, rail, wheel, and wave around Europe on your own on the weekends.

URBAN
Cities are exciting! People - lots of them - living in a small space, bumping into each other (sometimes literally). Besides traveling to the best cities in the region, you’ll learn how to live like an urban European. Buses and trains, cafes, cobblestones, and markets - all parts of daily life.

Sample Itinerary

January 3 - 8 Orientation & travel in Lithuania
March 4 - 12 1 week trip to St. Petersburg & Moscow
April 6 - 9 Weekend trip to Riga & Tallinn
April 25 - 29 Final exams
April 30 Departure from Lithuania


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

LCC DormLCC Dorm
LCC Dorm

© Leah Albertson


Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.2631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb