Leaving gorgeous Tallinn


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
July 11th 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 56.9465, 24.1049

I decided against getting up early and waving the group off. Didn't want to have to say good-byes again to everyone. Instead slept in and had brekky with Anita, Bridget and Tim. Bridget and I said goodbye to Anita and Tim. Then Bridget and I caught a taxi to the bus station. I was glad that the bus was air conditioned and a cheap ride. A few hours later we arrived at the border, but before going through the border to have our passports checked, the bus was driven into a shed- which all seemed a bit strange to us. We sat in the bus in the shed for about 15 minutes and then went through the border. At 5 we arrived in Riga, only 1 and 1/2 hours later than scheduled. Luckily the hostel was a short walk. Didn't know what to expect from Riga, I knew that it had an old town and was told that it was really cheap to eat and drink.

Once we dumped our bags, we headed out to explore the town. The hostel was in the old town. The streets were all cobbled stoned. We checked out a few restaurant prices and they didn't seem cheap at all- prices were like London's prices. I was a bit disappointed with Riga after being to Tallinn. Here isn't as pretty and not as much character. Had a cold shower and tried to sleep. Most restaurants and shops don't have fans or air conditioning and it is going to annoy us!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb