Norway’s Waters, Latvian People


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
April 14th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wanderer

I’ve never driven through such a rushing waters and boats like these were not known in my time. The more interesting for me to look, as it is now. And see also what and how our travellers have found and fixed. Both ourselves and especially all around themselves: nature, animals, not so often – other people. Therefore, this is not reportage, but I just created a mosaic of the pictures (www.laivas.lv). They are from different groups and different journeys and a succession is not really respected. At the selection I focus mainly on nature. For those who want to see the complete work more deep and more clearly, I suggest to go to www.laivas.lv and there’s everything (and more) and can be found to identify, explore and evaluate. For me, as I mentioned, the setting is a bit different: not facts and data, but the characters, moods, feelings.
And here we go: the beginning. What like looks Norway with Latvian travelers’ eyes? At the beginning – harsh, iron-gray, wary, perhaps even proud, refusing, declining …
Here we are going! When that ice will melt. Please notice that this ice-heap has already another, fresher color – almost aquamarine tone as in the southern seas.
Well, we are already closer to the things literally – 'ad rem'
See, see where the water occurs. And what a huge iceberg (though not in the ocean) it really is – compared to our three little figures.
And bang – in to the water. As the good old movie with Marilyn Monroe says 'Some like it hot'. Well, it is not likely that either was just hot.
But here everything smooth and happy. We go without any worries and anxieties. Or at least they are not visible …
Waterfalls here are by means other than in Latvia. That is – to put it mildly.
There is another waterfall. In fact, seven of them, and they are also called just so – Seven Sisters.
Discovery! I can boat such a way! In addition, with my back safe and dry.
And here’s a nice river panoramic view: steep, a bit gloomy banks (that means cliffs) and green tree richness a little higher. Oh, look, look – there are really some small colorful spots wallowing …
That’s what these spots look like in nearness. And water has getting a different color – there, in the left corner it is just as a rock – iron-gray and as a stiff metal moulding.
Another typical landscape. Gray-black rock with a garnish of green trees and bushes, blue-white water with turbulence and restlessness. Wait, wait – there in the middle someone more bright is struggling!
I go home, as a snail with his house back. The end is good – all is good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb