In Europe's newest country


Advertisement
Europe » Kosovo » South » Prizren
August 3rd 2014
Published: August 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

And so next on to Europe's newest country, Kosovo, which we visited on an overnight trip from Macedonia. We split our time between the city of Prizren and the capital city Pristina.

The trip from Skopje to Prizren through the Sharr mountains was spectacular. We stopped at the town of Prevalla for a coffee and later at an excellent restaurant called Vila Park, just outside Prizren, which served great meat dishes.

Prizren turned out to be a real find, with lovely old cobbled streets, a beautiful mosque and churches, good restaurants and a nice hilltop view from the fortress. Amy's Mum and Dad were very excited to find baby high-chairs available and a decent cot in the hotel - very impressive!

Our quick visit to Pristina was less interesting. It took longer to get there than expected and we only had a few hours to explore. It's a busy place and not easy to find parking. Maybe with a bit more time we would have enjoyed it more, but with just a couple of hours it felt a bit rushed. Amy did, however, find the Bill Clinton statue and managed to get a photo!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb