Ciao Venenzia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
January 6th 2015
Published: January 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Venenzia… what can I say about Venice other than holy moly there are a lot of bridges. Especially when you are looking for a bar! That’s right folks, the three amigos (Jay, Janelle and myself) met a fellow American (Jake from Chicago) at the hotel and the four of us decided to experience the nightlife in Venice. Little did we know that there is really only 1 bar (other than the Hilton) in Venice.What started out around 8pm at night… along the way we picked up a little black cat (mew, mew, mew, Jinxy.) About 3 hours into our journey we thought the GPS was our savior, which was a total lie. Thank God Jake spoke Spanish cause when we came across this random El Salvadorian man in an alley who walked us straight to the bar. After a few rounds of tequila, a stroll past the church George Clooney was married in and a walk across the only wood bridge in Venice we made it to the public transport boat at 1:15am. Funny thing is our night wasn’t over then…. We ended up going the wrong way, got fed up and paid a whole lot of money for a private water taxi home. Ugh what a looong, frustrating night!



Other than that, Venice was beautiful. St. Mark’s was breathtaking and the Dogi Palace made me feel right at home. I found the people to be nicer as a whole than in Rome. I liked how laid back the lifestyle was here but not being able to freely go where I pleased without a water transportation was weird to me. We had a fun gondola ride,which I think may be one of the highlights of the trip. One of the nights we had the best pizza on this planet, one featuring “strange meat” as the owner of the pizzeria described it.



On New Years Eve, we had a great dinner prepared by Jay. Then we headed over to the rooftop bar at the Hilton to ring in the New Year! YAY 2015!!! Drinks and dancing lasted all night, which then led to facetiming tons of people followed by the roughest morning ever for the three amigos.



​Note to self: Never drink a lot when in a city floating on water!



January 1st, 2015 Jay and Janelle rolled in style, hung over to the spa to steam and had massages, as I slept till 2…. What a waste of a day! Ehhh oh well, 1 day out of 14 isn’t too bad. On the 2nd, we gathered out things and headed back to Rome as Jay and Janelle were leaving the next morning. We were sad to see them go since we were having so much fun but I guess somebody’s gotta work around here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb