Belluno and the surrounding area


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
August 8th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We have spent two days in the Dolomites with our friends Nick and Laura. The first day we took the car through the Dolomites stopping to walk around a lake and to gaze in awe at the fabulous scenery. In the height of the summer we were treated to a perfect view of a glacier, which the Italians ski on all year round! Did feel a little underdressed when holiday makers where strolling past with full salopettes, winter gloves and hats! The evening was spent at a delightful pasta restaurant called La Trappolata in Belluno - well worth a visit if only to taste the Pasta with Vodka!

Day two, slightly spoilt by my inability to read the instructions on the anti-histamine medication as I had to spend a few hours sleeping off the drowsy effects whilst Chris was the afternoon guest on Radio Belluno! Our friend is the presenter so it did make it easy to get on the radio in the first place!

The town of Belluno is divided into the new town and the old town and we spent the rest of the afternoon (once I had woken up obviously) exploring the old town.

In the evening we were treated to home cooked Italian meal courtesy of Laura's Mamma and she shared some emotional stories of her childhood in the nearby town of Masse. Truely heart-warming evening was had by all.

Tomorrow we take the Eurostar to Roma and complete our three week tour. Hopefully I will be able to finish the blog before we return at the weekend until then, Ciao for Now!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb