ciao :)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
January 24th 2011
Published: January 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ciao 😊

so lets see, the last entry i made was awhile ago and i believe i left off at the Colosseum? yes okay well from there me, ali, madison and jojo walked around the town. it was incredibly beautiful and unique. we would be walking down a modern road with a bunch of traffic and then look to our left and there were old ancient ruins. then we went to the piazza venezia. if you google "piazza venezia" in images you will see a gorgeous white majestic building. I think that i spent most of the day exploring this building. it had a mini art gallery in it, a church and many different levels with beautiful views of the city. It was here that i stood and stared out at the square and decided that i will come back to italy and live here for awhile. everything about this place is amazing. whether it be the art, architecture, cities, language...its all so amazing and i cant imagine that a semester is long enough here to absorb it all. its enough for my bank account but i am already craving more time here. i feel more at peace here and the classes im taking are classes that im REALLY interested in (more on that later 😊 ) i just want to absorb the culture and language as much as i can. but so yeah we found this church that was inside of the building (the building is referred to as the "wedding cake" building) and yeah this church was a little find of ours and ended up being one of the most beautiful churches i had ever seen!! it was so ornate and decorated and detailed..it was unbelivable that someone had done all of that work..just amazing!

so after we were done exploring the piazza we decided to sit on the side of it on the steps. we needed a break bc the plan later was to go to dinner and then this bar who plays american football games. the only problem was that we had been up and walking around since about 9am-ish and the game wasnt going to start playig until 1030 at night! we ended up just walking around and bumping into the pantheon and a bunch of different squares. there was a bunch of music playing and street performers around, characterists and people selling knick knacks. we walked into the pantheon and i wasnt really impressed to say the least :/ i mean obviously it was beautiful and the ceiling was reallly unique (its dome shaped with a cutout in the middle so you can see the sky-prettiest in the night obviously) but it was really cold in there and compared to the other churches we visited earlier it was no comparison. however, Raphael's tomb is in there which i didnt know so that was really cool to see. then we went into the church of St Agnes which was UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS. omgsh, words could not desrcibe it. but i wasnt able to take pictures because there was a no photography rule :/

anyways, later that we ate dinner but me and ali couldnt make it to the bar for the football game because we were so exhausted. jojo and madison set up camp at the bar for the game and ali and i headed back to the buses but ran into the boys and ended up staying longer than we thought we would. but, we did find out that night something interesting. up until that night we had been under the impression that italy had no open bottle law-meaning we can walk around drinking a beer on the streets and not get in trouble like you would in the states. FUNNY STORY, the guys were walking around and a shopkeeper told us that that was absolutely not okay and we could get fined for it. i thought that was interesting considering the fact half of the time weve been walking around drinking around cops and they havent said one word to us? i donno but im determined to get to the bottom of it!!

The next day was sunday and was extremely uneventful..which was actually kind of nice bc i got to relax!

ciaoooo 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb