Where have all the good men gone?


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
April 21st 2006
Published: April 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ah, the mating ritual of an Italian male. What a beautiful thing. (Note the sarcasm)
It goes something like this:

Boy sees girl. Boy walks next to girl. Boy asks to speak to girl to 'practice his English'. Girl starts walking the other way. Boy nonetheless follows girl. Boy continues to hassle girl despite being ignored. Boy tries to hold girl's hand. Girl tells him she's not interested. And drops hints to make him PISS OFF (without actually saying it directly, cos unfortunately for her, shes too polite)!! Boy persists. And persists. And persists!! Until he gets the hint (well, sort of). Then, in a final desperate attempt, he tries to kiss girl. Girl frequently feels like punching the shit out of boy, but due to being a gentile, and upholding social standards of acceptable behaviour, girl restrains her fists.

But I sure have felt like unleashing some wrath on these bloody men. Grrrrrrr....
So. I thought Id try something out (and here I believe congratulations are in order...)- I got engaged! Wait for it...to myself. Yes, thats right boys and girls. I went out and bought myself a (fake, unfortunately) diamond ring, to try and deter these willy gents. So far, so good! Ill update if any more gentlemen get out of hand...
And for those with romanticised notions on Italian men...forget them. Every one of them. Seriously. Apparently even Casanova was an tall, ugly brute. Where have all the good men gone?
Sigh... :s

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb