New location


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 26th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

View from startView from startView from start

View from the village where start of time trial from San Vigilio to Plan de Corones.
Watched time trial at hotel with a few of the group as we were all scattered in various areas to watch the race. Cadel did all Aussies proud as he finished second, gained time on all riders in front of him on the GC and looked very strong. Richie Porte, the young Tasmanian also rode well and still wears the young rider’s jersey(under 25) and is still placed well on the GC. Had dinner and drinks at hotel and we leave this lovely place on the morrow, Wednesday morning, for Bormio where we stay for 4 nights.
Another ride in the morning after a good night sleep which included a few small climbs of about 500 metres in total and then back to the hotel to pack and go to the start in Brunico. Our bus driver got us a good park close to the action and we headed off looking for riders and team buses for photos. Used some smarts and stuck to Laurie and Steve and we noticed some riders heading in a different direction than usual so followed them and found team buses and riders. Met Neil Stephens, directeur sportif of Caisse d’;Apargne who was very open about
Spare bike?Spare bike?Spare bike?

World champion spare bike with 52/34 on front and 29 on rear cluster for climb to Plan de Corones
their chances of defending the leader’s jersey. Took photos of the Maglia Rosa of the leader of the Giro and if I can work out how to do it, will attach for all to see. Very nice Pinarello Dogma and if Oppy sees it he will probably want one. Got excellent photo of Richie Porte and same applies with photo. Steve Cunningham approached him and Richie just thought it was another supporter until he recognised him and then it was like old home week. Seems like a nice lad and hope to get more photos later at start in Bormio later in week.
After riders rolled out of Brunico we were on the bus for a 460K ride to Bormio, which included driving up and over the Passo Tonale en route to our hotel. Drove on part of the race route, would not happen at TdF, and then stopped at a small village for lunch and to watch the race go through. Arrived at our very nice hotel in Bormio at about 20.00 after a long day on the road and after a very nice meal, plans to ride some mountain passes were discussed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Maglia Rose DogmaMaglia Rose Dogma
Maglia Rose Dogma

GC leader had this painted to go with helmet, uniform, mitts, sunnies. The bling is amazing. This one is for Oppy!
I wishI wish
I wish

This bike would just fit nicely due to his size and me. Just a small amount of talent missing on my part and a few too many years.
Team busesTeam buses
Team buses

Steve Cunningham in team bus area in Brunico, prior to race start.
Richie PorteRichie Porte
Richie Porte

Leading young rider,(under 25) former wearer of Maglia Rosa, Australian and a nice young man who is in his first season as a pro and has taken it up to the best of them. Hope he retains his high position and jersey.


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb