venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 4th 2009
Published: September 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Died and gone to heaven. Venice is THE BEST. The most amazing place. All the boats, buildings built on the water. It's great. You can walk thru the town like it's a maze of buildings. You never know where you'll come out. What an adventure. The Plaza at San Marco (Marco Polo) is enormous and the basilica where st mark (as in matthew, mark, luke, john fame) is burried. So ornate it should be a sin. I have developed a small problem however. I no longer fit well into my pants. This could be attributed to one of these problems 1) we went to the laundramat and the dryer was so hot we couldn't touch our clothes to get them out so they're shrunk, or 2) it's so damned hot and humid that they're sticking to my flesh, or finally and the most likely cause 3) we're eating gelato 1-2 times EVERY day and I'm worried about the size of my keister!!!!!!! Oh well, it's vacation after all and we have no ice cream like this gelato.
We stayed in the Venetian streets into the nite and everything all lit up was gorgeous. We took the water buses all over the canal. These are like a regular bus except they're a boat so they have stops on/off. Incredible.
We've tried downloading pics but things just don't work over here like there and never seems to work. Will keep trying as we travel around. Another day in Venice then back to Tuscany late this afternoon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb