Traveling on Alitalia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
January 20th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello fellow travelers,

I just returned this weekend from Egypt and Italy and have recent experience with the new Alitalia. I flew from Miami to Rome, then on to Cairo. Alitalia lost our baggage for more than 4 days and some for over 7 days! but was finally all located and sent to us in Egypt. There were 19 people in our group..all seasoned travelers who journey together at least once a year.

On our return from Cairo to Rome, AGAIN, our luggage was lost or seemingly so. We waited for over 2 hours at the carousel for our bags with representatives who would only tell us frequently that our bags would be on the carousel in "10 minutes, 20 minutes, soon...."

The service with Alitalia was awful, generally. At no time did any scheduled flight take off within an hour of the scheduled departure. When ready to board in Rome for Miami, we stood in massive lines for more than an hour without any sign of reps to check us in...

I will never fly on Alitalia again. And I will think twice about the service with Continental to Italy as they are partners in Alitalia's new venture.

I hope this helps anyone else avoid the problems we've experienced. Happy travels to all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb