Picturesque hell...a train trip from Salzburg to Siena


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
November 17th 2008
Published: December 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

It started out as a perfectly normal train trip..starting at 9am..
Then the mountains and the snow! Alice jumped out of the train at one of the stops and touched the snow..it was cold and wet. But totally AWESOME! Unfortunately for Alex, Alice got back on the train in time..ha ha..

We got to Innsbruck and were supposed to get a connecting train to Florence...if only it were that simple.
First our train was delayed by 10 minutes, then by an hour, then we had to get the next train and then the next train was cancelled! Crap! (But there was a really good pizza by the slice place..) So after being there for 4 hours and consuming 4 slices of pizza we were stuck, luckily for Alex, Alice being the totally amazing traveller and level headed person that she is, asked at the information desk what we were supposed to do and the nice lady told us (In perfect English..way better than mine..) that we had to get the train to Padova, then get a train to Bologna, then get a train to Florence, then get a bus to Siena, arriving in Siena at 1.35am..we originally would have got there at 4.30pm.

So we did all that and apart from Alice going a deep shade of green and reaching for the plastic bags on the bus trip (Italian drivers really are crazy), we got to our hostel at 2am.
Yay!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb