Italy before Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 21st 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yvonne had the pleasure of meeting Mario a local from Florence Italy. Of all of the American I could have sat next to, I sat with a real Italian. Our communication was slow and difficult but I learned so much. He was very aware of American politics and asked who I would be voting for in the next presidential election. He made a big deal about the entire world was waiting on our decision to elect a new president. Mario was coming from a Rotary International convention. He is 67 years old and retired but had such a compasion for helping other people in the world including the Katrina victims in Louisiana. Every sentence he was unsure of how to conjugate verbs so every sentence would be like..our organization ...to give ...is giving. He would say the verb with the to and then repeat it correctly. I learned how to properly pronounce some Italian words and really enjoyed his gentlemenly nature. So I had a touch of Italy before arriving to Italy.

Tomorrow we are off to pompeii! Talk to you soon...we are really tired but safe and happy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb