Lake Como to Interlaken, Switzerland


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 8th 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Out of Italy


Lake Como to Interlaken, Switzerland

We had a driving adventure today. The roads and drivers in Italy are unique. The roads are so narrow and there are walls on both sides. Well, we don't have a small vehicle but we see tour buses? The stone walls are unforgiving, so we ricocheted off the uneven rock walls in a tunnel, in an attempt to avoid on-coming traffic. The crunching sound was awful, and we were going slowly. The damage is minimal, but the sound still echoes in our mind. A few scrapes and scratches but everything works fine and no other driver involved.
On to Switzerland, this is the first time we were stopped, this is not a Schengen country, so we were asked for visitor information, passports, and insurance papers. It seems it is necessary to paid in advance to drive on the Swiss highways. No toll booths. The Swiss are very efficient.
We planned to take the pass to Interlaken, but it was closed. It seems there is a snow problem. (Just read Pittsburgh had 94 degrees??) So we drove north to go south and eventually found the campground.
However, Switzerland is hosting the play-off's for the "futbol" season, and many places are filled-up with fans! We found a wonderful quiet, clean, efficient place...Hobby 3 Camping in Interlaken. Just perfect, so this is "home" for the next few days!
Interlaken is just what the name implies, a place between two lakes, the Brienzersee and the Thunersee. It is a lovely valley, below the Alps. After the long drive, we are ready to stretch our legs and walk into town. What a neat place!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb