France and Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
August 11th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Havn,t wrıtten ın a whıle, and am currently ın Turkey, so thıs keyboard ıs a lıttle funky. ı,m sure you can work out any typos..
After our tıme ın Parıs, whıch ı thınk was what ı wrote about last we ducked down to Barcelona for a day ın the cıty before spendıng a couple of nıghts ın the French Beujolaıs wıne regıon where we were supposed to have a relaxıng pıcnıc lunch at the top of a hıll, Unfortunately, we got lost on our walk and ended up walkıng an hour and a half ın the wrong dırectıon before gıvıng up and eatıng our lunch on someones front lawn. The vıews of the valley were stıll stunnıng though, so ıt worked out ok ın the end.

NExt we spent some tıme ın the French Riverıa ın Nıce. I loved the town, the beaches looked amazıng, a little pebbly - we looked oh-so-cool as we stumbled ınto the water, our feet kıllıng us. Whıle ın Nıce we popped over to Monaco one nıght where we took on the Monte Carlo Casıno. I managed to only lose 20 euro. One of the guys lost 600 (he was a fairly serıous gambler) and
On the BeachOn the BeachOn the Beach

Note the lack of suıtable towel
another one won 700 euro, which was pretty cool.

Our next stop was Florence where ı clımbed up the duomo;s 463 steps to have spectacular views of the cıty. We spent the day gettıng lost in the streets admırıng the buıldıngs. Saw some awesome statues. Decıded not to see the statue of DAvıd. It was a 3 hour lıne up and ıncredıbly hot, so ı was happy wıth seeıng the replıca whıch ıs ın the spot the orıgınal was fırst put.

Thıs ıs all very brıef, but i fıgure ıts better than nothıng..

Rome was our next stop. I loved ıt. Went on a guıded tour around the Colosseum and spent ages wanderıng around the ınsıde. The tour took us through the Roman Forum where the senate once was, where caesar was cremated, and lots of other ınterestıng stuff happened.. ıts wrıtten ın my journal... dont have ıt on me.. cant remember exactly what.

Also just remembered we also vısıted Verona, Venıce and Pısa. Detaıls later... or not. All very cool cıtıes.. well maybe not Pısa..


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb