Tuscany-via Adratic-Flying


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Left tuscany camp site today heading towards Pieve d'Alpago where we were meeting Piotr a Polish Friend who we meet ain Turkey paragliding, he was competing in the Chez Paragliding Open. The route we took was not quite via Vience but close and we stopped along the way for lunch on the beach the Adratic this time. Stunning location sitting looking out on the sea and eating yet another pasta dish, slowing making our way to Pieve D'Alpago We arrived round 7pm and meet Piotr and his friends at a resturant , enjoyed the company of Piotr and his friends from Poland , lovely group of guys they also were entered in the paraglider competition. The weather hadnt been great for them so far , but things were looking up. It had rained that day and most of the competitors where staying in the same camp ground , and they had renamed in "Shreks Swap" appentley hail stones the size of golf balls had fallen at some stage during the day, and the rain had made a small river though camp. Two camper vans were towed from the site by a local farmer. After dinner we made our way to "Shreks Swap" and chose a spot on higher ground. We parked between a lovely group of pilots from Belguim. Meet a couple of New Zealanders who had travelled the distance to enter the comp , (my suggestion they could have just watched Shrek on dvd). Chat´d with friends late into the night . Hopefully flying was on tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb