Summer Holiday in Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
August 2nd 2006
Published: August 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Italy Trip


02/08 Ariive in Venice check into campsite and find our tent quiet drink and some tea then off to bed.
03/08 Woke up to heavy rain but get organised and off into the city. Amazing city with canals and maze like streets. Had a gondola ride around the canals then into San Marco square sightseing beautiful architecture St Marcs cathedral awesome sight.
04/08 Raining again but still real warm, get up get organised then catch a train to Verona another beautiful place with a massive amphitheatre int the middle of the town. Visited Juliets house and balcony (Romeo & Juliet) more walking around then train back to Venice.
05/08 Wake up to beautiful sunshine check out and train to Florence spent most of day travelling so checked in had tea and couple of drinks. Met some kiwis and Aussies so had a few with them sat with guitar got told off by camp security lots nearly got kicked out!
06/08 Very hot again headed into florence sightseeing again cued for two and a half hours to see Michaelangelos David but well worth it awesome statue. Wandered through Florence then back to camp.
07/08 Check out of camp then train to Pisa have a look at leaning tower and wander around some before heading back to camp sit by the pool and relax real hot!!
08/08 Wake up and check out and train to Naples then onto Sorrento check into camp and take a swim in the mediterranean beautiful and warm.
09/08 Wake up to another very hot day and train To Pompeii a Roman city buried in ash after the eruption of volcano Mount Vesuvius on 24 August 79 AD. Very interesting place with lots of things perfectly preserved.
10/08 Awake early again and take a boat trip to Capri small island off the coast of italy spend some time wandering the island then lay on the beach and swim all afternoon extremely hot.
11/08 Train back to Naples and fly out back to London awesome holiday over bummer!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb