Day 12


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
October 29th 2006
Published: November 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Not much to say about today. We realized that when we were looking for the CS church the other day that we were at the wrong address and the chuch was actually on the second floor of a building across the street. We went to church at around 10. The church was a little room with a modest gold guilding on the ceiling. It was actually pretty nice. There weren't that many people in the church unfortunatly. (I think Catholicism is too popular in Italy). Next we took a train into Pisa to see (of course) the leaning tower of Pisa. It wasn't as big as I thought it would be (like many things I have found) or leaning quite as much, but it was still pretty cool to see. I didn't know you could climb up to the top of the building and get a bit of a view. We actually didn't because it was too expensive. We just visited the large cathedral that was in the same general square. Not much there, and we were a little tired that day so we were inappropreatly giggly inside the church. I could feel the cold stares of the cathedral guards as we sat on one of the pews "admiring the painting" on the wall in front of us and giggling about nothing and everything. We ended our day in Pisa by walking the long line of stands that lined the street next to the monuments.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb