Beside the sea in Liguria


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 17th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.1843, 8.35318

Yesterday, we were sad to be leaving our little Tuscan retreat for the last week. It was so peaceful and relaxing, but future commitments with bookings for other sites meant that we had to move on.

When we went to reception to settle the bill on Monday evening, we told Antonio and Giovanna how much we had enjoyed our stay with them, when the conversation turned to wine, particularly those of the area and Antonio kindly gave us a bottle from his own collection. We shall open it at a suitable occasion on our travels, remembering them with affection.

We hit the road not long after 8.00 for the 265 mile journey (I think this is our longest transfer so far this trip) to Finale Ligure, 240 miles of which on motorway type roads from Grosseto onwards. The route took us past the turn for Cinque Terre which we shall have to leave for another time towards the busy city and port of Genoa, through numerous tunnels - a huge feat in engineering - then onto the A10 for the final approach to our destination.

Eurocamping Calvisio is a busy site, not our usual preference, with smaller pitches than we are used to in the UK, and more closely packed together in typical european fashion, more geared up for motorhomes and compact caravans. At reception, we were given our pitch number and set off to drive around the narrow site, but unfortunately we were not given advice on which one because at the end of our route which was already restricted with inconsiderately parked cars, we were unable to negotiate the turn onto the road so ended up unhitching and using the motor mover to get round before hitching up for the last bit. You can imagine the colourful language from himself!

The pitch itself is not perfect, insufficient space for the awning, but we have serviced water and a degree of privacy as well as shade, so it will be tolerable until we leave on Saturday. One bonus though - on checking out the facilities area, the wide screen TV in the bar was tuned to the Tour de France, so that went down well with David over a beer.

This morning, David popped out to do a bit of a recce with a bike ride from the site, so perhaps early morning tomorrow before it gets too hot. In addition, we would like to take a look at the fishing village of Noli which is supposed to be pretty sometime.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Poolside, Eurocamping CalvisioPoolside, Eurocamping Calvisio
Poolside, Eurocamping Calvisio

Although our pity was sadly lacking, the other facilities were impressive - clean and tidy.


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb