Passarella


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
June 1st 2010
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.5987, 12.6061

Another day of family today! We got up early, and drove to Passerella, where Elio has a brother and a sister. This is the area where the Perissinotto family comes from – Elio was born at the nearby village of Ereclea.

We went straight away to the house of Zia Pierina and Zio Egidio - Pierina was very busy as she looks after the grandchildren each day (the kids liked playing with Pietro (just turned 3) and then, when he returned from kindy, Marco (6 years old – he starts school in September) (these are Cinzia's children) and the little baby Manuele (14mo – child of Sabrina). Zio Egidio was busy working – they are building a new farm shed behind the house (it was the most enormous shed!) Zio's brother Rico owns the other half of the house, and has the other half of the farm – very Italian to live all the family in together! We had a lovely lunch with Zio and Zia, and then picked some pink cherries from the tree in front of Zia's house with Sara's husband, Giovanni. He was very nice – we have met him before and they live above the post office in Passerella without any kids – there is talk that they will visit us in Australia in the next few years!

Then we went down the road to see Zio Renzo (Elio's brother) and Zia Graziella – it was nice to see them again, and catch up over a coffee. Their son, Elvis (no joke – Steven really has a cousin called Elvis Perissinotto!) was at work, so we didn't catch up with him or his wife, Franscesca, unfortunately. As Passerella is over an hour from Asolo, we won't get to Passerella again this trip, but it was nice to introduce the kids to their family, and to show them where Nonno grew up.

We headed home, to avoid the evening traffic, and it was also great to have a night at home, just the 5 of us. After a quiet dinner at home, we wandered up to town for an icecream – I REALLY like my prosecco flavoured gelati!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



7th June 2010

Kaylene...what a wonderful time you are all having! As I contemplate taking the kids to the coast for the up coming long weekend.....and think it might be all just too hard......I am in awe at how relaxed you look. Thankyou for sharing al
l these incredible times with us! Toni

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb