Starship Goes to Venice, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
September 30th 2012
Published: November 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

September 30, 2012

Our 9-day European Trip to Italy started in romantic Venice, a city made up of 118 small islands separated by canals and linked by bridges. We arrived to slightly overcast skies that quickly cleared providing us with a perfect early fall day which was great for walking around the picturesque San Marco Square and surrounding area. The Square is breathtaking with the 13th Century Basilica as its main focal point. For the next few nights we would be staying at the San Marco Hotel, and it was just a few steps away from the Square, making this a convenient location to everything.

Our Globus Tour director arranged for us to take a canal ride on a gondola - complete with a singer and accordion player! Sailing on the canal and winding around the city of Venice was everything one believes this experience to be and makes for a memory to last a lifetime.

The Welcome Dinner was more than expected. The service was good, and well…the food was fabulous! We then had time to introduce ourselves to our fellow travel companions from New York and New Jersey. There were 14 of us in total.
After a good night’s rest, the next morning we took an optional tour to Burano, a charming colorful town, known for its handmade lace. Getting there was by boat via the Grand Canal from Venice, and only took us about 45 minutes. Once we got back, Len and I skipped dinner and took a romantic stroll to Rialto Bridge. It started raining, but who cared…we were together, just the two of us, walking in Venice, listening to the music and the sounds of many voices speaking different languages.
Picture yourself in Venice


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb