Trento to Vicenza


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
September 1st 2010
Published: September 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast in the restaurant of the hotel was a slightly larger affair from our previous accommodation, though it was nothing too different. We were all pleased to get out of Trento without having to go back into town. I’m sure it’s a lovely place, it’s just difficult to get around. We decided to drive down by Lago di Garda to Vicenza, even though it certainly is not the quickest route. We are so glad we did! The lake was incredible and the road was right next to it. We stopped twice along the way to have a break and enjoy the view. It was yet another view of Italy to fit into our diverse range of experience (even though we haven’t moved too much out of Veneto).

The host of our next accommodation provided very good directions and we arrived at the Villa Pasini around 2:30pm. At first we weren’t sure we were in the right place. The Villa is magnificent to see and our apartment is located in a deconsecrated and remodelled church (we think). The hosts live in a converted greenhouse, where the breakfast room is also located. We settled in and then spent the afternoon wandering around the property and relaxing. Dad and I also walked along to a local bar to pick up some soft drinks and chips for a very late and unhealthy lunch.

Around 7:30pm we headed down to Acrugnano (which is the part of Vicenza closest to us) for dinner. Our host kindly booked us into a restaurant named Nogarazza for dinner and aren’t we glad she did. The host of the Nogarazza was very friendly and created special meals for my mother and I that didn’t have wheat and dairy in them respectively. Dad and I both had pasta with three sauces on the side so we could try them all. The duck sauce was delicious, the pomodoro sauce was delightful and the meat sauce amazing. For mains I had beef fillet in balsamic vinegar, a very yummy combination. The pinot grigio was local (as have been most of the wines we’ve chosen) and very nice. Sadly the dessert cart didn’t have a dairy free option, but in all it was a fantastic meal. The restaurant itself was nothing much to look at from the outside and the inside probably needed a bit of work (though the prints on the wall were very nice). All in all very good meal of local style cuisine.

x Sarah


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb