Lake Orta


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
August 25th 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Crossing Italy to Lake Orta was an easy drive and a pleasant one - for Karl, at least. The others all slept, so no photos - sorry. We went past Soave, through the vineyards, hills and into the absolutely stunning surroundings that is Lake Orta and Orta San Giulio, where we were staying. To anyone visiting the area, Lake Orta’s the lake to visit. It’s tourism is very gentle and the setting is idyllic.

Unfortunately, on arrival, Onita had a migraine, so was most unwell for the last part of the journey. Karl had found a hotel right in the middle of town, in the pedestrian part which, at any other time, would have been perfect. It was bothersome, to say the least, to manage the car here. Nevertheless, we managed and awoke to a whole new day. While Onita was resting a little more, Karl took the kids on a boat to the island (just 40% of the price of a small beer in Venice’s Piazza San Marco for a return trip…) and walked around town a little. Onita joined us shortly afterwards and we had a lovely time there before boarding the car again, en-route to France.

The hotel in Lake Orta (Piccolo Hotel) was simple, but nice, but offered the most impressive buffet breakfast ever seen. Dozens of each of salamis, cheese, juice, fruit, cereals, yogurts, chocolates, pastries, cakes, etc. including cooked items to order. A real surprise because it somehow outshone the hotel itself. Well worth it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb