Verona


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Verona
November 23rd 2011
Published: November 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Verona

I always said that we would get to Verona on this trip and we did even if it was just for the day. After dragging the kids out of bed and onto the train by 7am we arrived in Verona early to enjoy the day there. Verona is often described as a small Florence and you can see why. It has a cosmopolitan feel about it. By lunch the piazzas were full of people in the cafes, sitting in the sun sipping on Aperol spritzers, a local drink that could become one of my favourite afternoon drinks, really refreshing and tasty. It is a much quieter town that has its own mini colosseum, the Arena, which they still use for concerts. I would love to have had the opportunity to go to see any performance there. We of course went to Juliet’s balcony, read the love notes on the wall and felt inspired to read Shakespeare.

We had a stroll down the river, walked to the palace and took in the view and had lunch sitting on the riverbank in the sun. It was here Ian presented me with a beautiful bunch of roses. From here we wandered back through town, stopping for an occasional Aperol or espresso and back to the train. A great way to end a lovely day.

Alex


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

VeronaVerona
Verona

My Flowers
VeronaVerona
Verona

I could get used to this, Aperol Spritzers....
VeronaVerona
Verona

The Arena
VeronaVerona
Verona

Juliette's Balcony
VeronaVerona
Verona

Oh where, oh where
VeronaVerona
Verona

Love notes


Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb