Row Row Row Your Boat


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
April 2nd 2005
Published: April 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Gondola RideGondola RideGondola Ride

Need we say more?
Gently down the Grand Canal... To start off, don´t ever be fooled on hostels.com into thinking that a place called B&B is a cheap bed and breakfast, it´s not! We got over the initial shock from arriving at a hostel when we thought we´d have a cute little room overlooking the water. Everything was fine until we tried to go to sleep and discovered that they must have misread the directions when putting together our bunk beds because everytime the person on the bottom (Andrea) made the slightest movement (like breathing) the top bed would sway several feet in both directions. After Andrea had bid farewell to the cruel world because she knew her death from sleeping underneath Liz was imminent, we decided it would probably be a good idea to move our beds to the floor instead. In Venice we mostly shopped around all the little glass shops, we went to the Palace of the Doges and San Marco´s Basilica. We walked over the Bridge of Sighs, named because it led from the palace to the prison and it was said you could hear the prisoners last sighs. And we went on the obligatory gondola ride on our last morning.
Street in VeniceStreet in VeniceStreet in Venice

We came across this perfect photo op while we were hopelessly lost in a neighborhood behind San Marco in Venice, eventually a kind citizen pointed us in the right direction.
Our gondolier showed us Casanova and Marco Polo´s houses and made us sing row row row your boat to him. One of the clerks at our hostel made us dinner one night and everyone sat on the terrace and drank wine and talked for hours. We also spent an afternoon on the Lido, another island south east of Venice. We had lunch and walked along the beach. It was so relaxing just walking around the little streets and over all the bridges in Venice without a car in sight! Now we´re in Frieburg, Germany and although there are a lot of cars in sight we´re still planning on relaxing for a while! We can only have 20 pictures in our gallery but we get unlimited ones on our blog entries, so we´ve added some pictures to our previous journals. Check them out!

Peace and Love,
Andrea and Liz

Advertisement



3rd April 2005

Happy Birthday!!!!
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE IN A MOVIE I LOVE IT!! SEND MORE PICS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRE. LOVE BRIANNA. PS YO QUEIRRO TACO BELL<(SPELLING?)THOUGHT THAT WOULD BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE!HAVE TONS OF FUN GIRLS!! - BEANS

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb