London to Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 14th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally fedFinally fedFinally fed

Climbing on the old well outside the cafe where we finally obtained some food
Challenging day of travel. Out of bed by 6am and out of the wonderful London flat. We decided to rough it and save some money so we went on foot (luggage on rollers) to the tube station. Tube to Victoria and Gatwick Express to the airport. Flight on Easyjet was highly functional and on time although it was 100% no frills. Not sure if you could get your seatback to recline for an additional fee. Introduction to Venice via the water bus took a bit longer than we had planned for and we were wilting from heat, hunger and exhaustion by the time we hit the ground in Venice. Finding the hotel was like a treasure hunt among the tiny little “streets” of Venice but was enjoyable even in our fatigued state. Hotel room is nice enough although definitely a step down from our London accommodations. After a dinner at a sidewalk café, we ventured out to Piazza San Marco where the kids enjoyed gelato and engaged in the Venice tradition of feeding the pigeons. Very odd tradition, but the kids seemed to enjoy it. Much Purel afterwards. Exhausted and early to bed after unwinding with a movie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

What do you thinkl?What do you thinkl?
What do you thinkl?

Ventian mask. Many varieties available.
John, Andrew, LaurenJohn, Andrew, Lauren
John, Andrew, Lauren

Piazza San Marco, late afternoon, very tired.
Andrew, Piazza San MaroAndrew, Piazza San Maro
Andrew, Piazza San Maro

With new pigeon friend
Lauren, Piazza San MarcoLauren, Piazza San Marco
Lauren, Piazza San Marco

Wearing dress she made in fashion camp, with new pigeon friend accessory
Andrew, Piazza San MarcoAndrew, Piazza San Marco
Andrew, Piazza San Marco

Eerily framed by the arch on the Basilica di San Marco


15th July 2009

I am loving this blog!
Glad you guys survived the day! This trip is exactly like the one my Mom took E and I on when we were 12 and 8! Are you making the kids keep diaries? Cuz I remember that was the worst part. :)
16th July 2009

I am tired just reading your blog. Keep it coming.
16th July 2009

Nice framing
"Andrew in the Arch" is great! Glad to see you all are having fun and aren't dead...yet. Keep it up. :) (bad news: both cats still alive, I'll see what I can do)

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb