3 days in venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
February 9th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

water bus stopwater bus stopwater bus stop

get on the water bus
Hi
my 3 days in venice, started with a flight from gatwick (north) at 7.50 am on 8th jan 09 on BA, flight time to venice 2 hrs 10 mins. The flight was on time and left gatwick at around 8am.

once the flight landed i made my way to the exit of the airport (no large case to wait for it was only 3 days in venice so a small case was just fine for this trip)

once outside the airport i made my way to the water bus ticket booth (its easy to find just to the left of the exit) and bought my bus ticket (12 euros) you can also buy a water taxi ticket for around 98 euros but this trip was just my mate and i and we thought it would be nice to take the bus.(i will be going back to venice this year with my wife and little girl and will take the taxi its fast and easy)

the water bus is around 500 yards from the airport just exit the airport to the left and walk along the undercover walkway the bus is on the far left. just behind the bus stop you will find a small cafe/bar its a good place to have a drink before the bus trip.

once you enter the ramp to the bus you must stamp your ticket. you will see the ticket box at the start of the ramp.

the bus will take around 1 hr 10 mins from the airport to the island of venice.

our bus stoped just outside our hotel, the hotel savoia & jolanda at riva degli schiavoni this hotel is over 100 years old and is a charming, privately owned hotel on the waterfront literally only seconds away from saint mark's square, with a splendid view of saint mark's basin and the island of san giorgio.

the hotel is very warm and inviting with each room elegantly appointed with valuable paintings and exquisite murano glass,

we had two rooms on the 3rd floor of the hotel ( a room with a view see photo) the room was of large size with mini bar a large bathroom with hot tub ,air conditioning in room safe bathrobe and slippers

more blog and photos to come in the next few days




a room with a viewa room with a viewa room with a view

my view from my room of the fabulous lagoon





Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb