Magical Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 16th 2008
Published: October 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, this is my first ever blog, I chose to write about Venice in Italy where I have been living for the last 7 months. This is one of the most amazing cities in the world! It's almost time jumping into a time machine and traveling back hundreds of years! Specially on a foggy morning when all you can see is the ancient architecture of the next square and the bow of a gondola poking silently out from the mist. This city is one big work of art! Every building has it's own beautiful charm, even the rundown patched up building are beautifully done with patches of different colored bricks that give them there own character and a tapestry like effect. Then there are the amazing palaces, towers and the basilica in St Marco's square, truly magnificent! It's not hard to imagine one self back in the middle ages when wondering the back streets as there are no cars, bikes or even skate boards, the only things breaking the spell being motorized boats on the main canals, and people talking on their cell phones! Venice should be on everyone's must visit list!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb