Vencie Venice Venice....


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
September 4th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Venice in the afternoon. It was hot and packed with tourists. Everyone says you cant grasp the beauty of Venice from videos and movies, and that its so amazing when your there. Most of those people are wrong. It's nice as a novelty but really, i don't understand the hysteria around it. It's slightly cleaner then Bangkok and the only difference is, in Bangkok a boat ride costs 15 Baht not €15.

We stood in a line for half an hour to buy a bus ticket. We were heading to the mainland, back to the ghetto, we are used to it. The mainland was nice and everything is a third of the price it is on the island.

We met some Aussies, Melbournites. They were really cool and we ended up spending a day with them in town. We all chipped in for a Gondola ride which was definitely the coolest thing about Venice. Our Gondola driver?paddler?Captain? sang for part of the trip which was very romantic for the six of us. Ha.

Aside from that, there isnt much to do in Venice and if you dont have a boat, your buggered.

We booked and express train to Paris, i could already taste the baguettes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Bridge of SighsBridge of Sighs
Bridge of Sighs

It really was a sigh to see it like this....WHAT THE?


15th October 2008

Ohh Nick you heathen - you couldn't see how special Venice was! Just imagine it in pissing rain like when Patrick and I sw it. We spent the day trying to make our money stretch to marghuerita pizzas and a carafe of wine and tried to keep our feet above the water level. haha Enjoy the mainland

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb