The Most Dangerous Game


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 19th 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Most Dangerous Game

Gone are the days of fine dining, definative lodging and meticulous planning. Two men have made it past the first round, they've passed go, (and were awarded some bonus money, thanks don and john!)

The Rules

• Spend less money on each day then was previously spent on food for the first round
• Survive and potentially thrive on the coastal regions of Europe and Northern Africa
• • Bonus points for unintentionally contracted random rashes and mysterious illnesses (so if someone has pinkeye and say you try to steal it into your eye that doesn't count)

The Players

Pat Harlin: Wore a bandaid for the entirety of the first round (25 days) and in an act of utter bellicosity tore it off, exposing the hepatitis-a innoculation protected beneath to air, surely compromising his immunity. Also can make his socks smell like various wild animals.

John Roach (Past Contender): Managed to acquire food from foreign establishments ordering in colloquialisms, such as: "I'll take some more of the bubbly stuff," and "I'll only eat it if it moos..."*

Pat McPhee (Past Contender): Created a stench so thick (in his shirt) it convinced
Stadium lighting-Stadium lighting-Stadium lighting-

In a church- also during some sort of service---
John that someone vomited the entire previous evening outside the windowsill. Pat subsequently blamed the origin of the stench on a (mistakenly) shared load of laundry with Pat (Harlin's) socks. Socks that moved beyond the crusted vinegar stage to smelling distinctly of wet golden retriever. Pat also survived lickings from various animals not limited to Bulls, Goats, however not including swans. This due to news of black swans killing men out front of Juilliard in 1942.

Boring Anthony: (Past Contender) Refuted his moniker, is back in the states mastering fine wines.

The Don: (Past Contender) The man with all the realestate (and all the hotels) cashed out- got robbed in the subway in Milan (pickpocketed) but donated the remaining monies to the Sam/Pat bread fund.

Sam McPhee: Master of fine puns- with such ringers as "Ahoy, there's a tir-in-mi soup. And "blarney, I've forget to do Mi-lan dree. **

*May or may not have been said
**Absolutely was said, on at least three occasions, to a group of non English speaking tourists, and a small child on a subway.

Be not enamoured with the olympics, let the most dangerous game begin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

PMPM
PM

Pat McPhee's long lost senior portrait---
The Golden ArchesThe Golden Arches
The Golden Arches

It's currently a close competition between Mcdonalds and starbucks both for the worst coffee and best location. I think the arches is on top---
Master of PunsMaster of Puns
Master of Puns

What geographic pun is currently brewing in this man's head?
Final SupperFinal Supper
Final Supper

Final Supper: Admittedly this should have been had in Milan, the true location of the actual painting- but next to a canal in Venice ain't bad-
The elusive gondolarThe elusive gondolar
The elusive gondolar

These boats cost between 10-65k (euros) The drivers are a dime a dozen, and half of em don't sing!


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb