Lost in Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 4th 2008
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A must see stop in anyones itinerary around Europe is Venice, over 20 million people each year visit the city and to understand why you have to go yourself.

When you arrive in Venice and leave the train station you immediately know where you are, just outside is the grand canal and buzzing up and down are all manner of boats and even a few gondala's. It is pretty hard to write a blog about venice as the city can't really be explained, you spend most of your time night and day just wandering through the alleys and passage ways. The city itself is nearly impossible to get around and you inevitably get lost. However far from being frustrating this just adds to the charm of the place as although there are 20 million tourists annually you often find yourself wandering down lanes with no one else around and at the end a beautiful view of the canals.

We have put up quite a few photos with this blog and we can't really tell you to much except that venice is even more beautiful than you could ever imagine and that there is a good reason that 20 million people a year visit and fall in love with the place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb