Gondolas and Glass


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 3rd 2007
Published: April 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 13 Wednesday October 3


Gondolas and glass


Wake up 7:15am
Breaky 7-8
Meet 8:45

This time, we took a larger boat over to Venice. The number of people there was astonishing. It was very different to last night. It was extremely crowded and you were not allowed to sit down, even if eating, unless in a shop.
We met Anna for our guided walk. It wasn’t that interesting to me. I was beginning to get sick like the rest of the bus. I was feeling very giddy and hot. We went to the glassblowing demonstration. Very interesting. Then they tried to sell us everything in the shop. We had free time after this and went off to explore. We had a really yukky pizza and some yum gelato. We walked down alley after alley but they were all the same. Crowded and lots of glass. I bought the girls some earrings here.
We met at 1:45pm for our gondola ride. It was lovely and peaceful. It had been very hot waiting in the sun. The water was cool and breezy. The gondoliers rabbit onto each other. Ours was okay and answered all our questions. Others were ignored. The canals were very cool. We went under the Bridge of Sighs. After our ride we took a boat to Burano Island. It was such a pleasant contrast. The houses were all different colours and it had a great fishing village charm.
The shopping was excellent here and much cheaper. I bought some jewellery straight from the man making it.

The lace was lovely and the clothes were unique and quite modern. The streets were filled with children playing. You could not live on this island unless you were born there or marry in.
We had a lovely spot for dinner. Very breezy. It was a seafood meal but I had gnocchi, spag bog and steak and chips. Yeah!
It was pleasant sitting there watching the children play in the courtyard. I was too sick to enjoy it really. It was an early night. I went to bed sick and Rob went for a walk around the Lido.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb