The city of Romance


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 24th 2005
Published: October 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After leaving from Florence , now more used to the language (even having some spanitalian conversations) and now almost used to the train sytem we head towards Venice, the first impression a very bizarre (in the good sense of word) a very different view from anything I knew, the channels was amazing, the first thing you see "the big channel" you can made a bad analogy , like a venecian floating freeway, very crowded and strange type of traffic, we take the vaporetto (like a floating bus) to San Marcos Plaza the most important point in Venice the real beauty of the plaza was the impressive gothic cathedral of San Marcos and Tower what an amazing sight, one of the main tourit attraction (kind of silly) is feed the hundreds of pigeons that live on the plaza, what a crap this is only resulting on the gradual destruction of monuments.

Walking between channels and alleys give you a very nice sense of going back in time, in some, an important part of this travel as a Mexican was seeing an important exhibition of Frida Kahlo, that makes you proud when you're away from you're country, other intersting but sad scenario (repeating in almost every city I'd visted) was Artists mostly musicians, and not any amateur musician, you can see miles away of distance that they have conservatory studies and pity beging for some liras to maintain themseleve, is just so sad to receive that incredible musical pieces and give some coins for exchange.

But is fair to say something venice is a beautifull town, but if you're backpacking and you're not with your girl or boyfriend venice magic will not be present 😊

It was a very quick visit and we have a train to take to another cultural shock.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb