Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 3rd 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

To everyone that told us that Venice was not worth seeing.....YOU ARE SO WRONG! Venice was one of our favorite cities and we were so sad to leave. We definately did not get to see very much of the city because we only had one day to kill before we had to be in Lake Como, we were so glad that we spent it in Venice. It was beautiful and completely surreal. It did not smell....despite what we were told. In fact, it was quite relaxing and incredibly picturesque. As you walk through the canals and the little corridor streets there is enough shopping, eating and sight seeing for us to have spent our entire trip here.

We walked and walked and winding through the corridors to the Rialto Bridge right around sunset. The little streets all open up to meet the Grand Canal and the Rialto Bridge in a grand gateway of waterways. Besides all the extravagent arcitecture and ancient ruins that we had already seen in Rome, Venice truely took the cake when it came to the magic of Italy.

We found a small trattoria for a late afternoon lunch on the first day that we arrived. Starving after a long train ride we splurged on two courses each, plus gelato later on. For our first course we both ordered the most simple dishes on the menu, baked ravoli and potato dumplings. The oozing cheese around our table was quite outrageous and absolutely delicious. Thank goodness for all the walking that we did in Venice.

Venice of course is famous for shoes like the rest of Italy and I had to give in. They were all calling my name despite the responses being echoed in my head to resist. They really are darn cute though. Unlike anything I would find in the states of course.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Per RialtoPer Rialto
Per Rialto

Walking to the Rialto was an adverture....these signs are not posted very clearly, you have to meander through the waterways praying your going in the right direction.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb