Day Fourteen - Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we all gathered on Mom and Dad's balcony to watch the cruise into Venice. It was beautiful! We docked around 12:30 pm and took the water taxi to St. Mark's Square. Then we all split up and wandered the city. Matt and I went into St. Mark's and it was lovely. The whole ceiling is covered in mosaics. It might be one of my favorite churches that we visited. We walked down to where some beautiful yachts were docked. One, named Ectasea, had a helicopter with landing pad.

Matt and I attempted to take a gondola ride. When I asked how much they said 50 Euros for 30 minutes. We decided to go for it. We sat down and had our picture taken by the gondaleer and then he asked for our money. We gave it to him and he then said it was 50 Euros a person. So we got up and left. We have a picture, but we didn't actually go on a ride.

Last night was our final night with our wonderful waiter and assistant waiter, Daniel and Nedret. We had baked Alaska for dessert. I took some pictures of the parade around the room. It was yummy.

There was a concert by a venetian orchestra on the main deck. It was very nice to sit outside and listen to some lovely music.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb