Portogruaro


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Portogruaro
August 30th 2015
Published: September 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

As we now know, nothing is open on a Sunday. We were going to go and visit a lake in the foothills of the Alps but decided that there wasn’t enough time so will do that tomorrow. Instead, since we hadn’t seen a lot of Portogruaro we paid a visit. We walked through the shaded park and along the Lemone River near the weir and water wheels. It is a truly lovely spot with old buildings, the clock tower and church, the town hall, the water wheels, cascading water, swans and many fish. It’s a most attractive town and I do wonder why it isn’t on a tourist's itinerary as it is more attractive than many in the area. We then went back to the park for a drink before driving back to Annone Veneto to the farm for lunch.

We had expected to help with the cleanup after the wedding but it was mostly done when we arrived. It was also very hot and muggy at 34 degrees so not good for being outside. We set up two large tables in the house and somehow managed to squeeze 22 people in the room for lunch and drinks. It was very relaxed and a good time to catch up with others and just chat. We had some more English speakers amongst the gathering which made it a bit easier for us.

Back at the B&B we relaxed and for those so inclined, a siesta. The evening was spent at a local restaurant in Belfiore where we were confronted by a menu we couldn’t decipher so it was a bit of a lucky dip, but for a change we only had a short way to go back to the B&B.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lunch at the farmLunch at the farm
Lunch at the farm

The day after the wedding we all (22) crammed into the living room at the farm.


Tot: 0.616s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.3569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb