DC, Germany, Austria now Italy!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Padua
July 12th 2007
Published: July 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello All!
I just heard from Molly and she asked me to post this entry for her, she had written a large entry and was just set to post it and got booted off the computer! It costs quite a bit to use the computer where she was so she didn't log back on. Molly is having a fabulous time and is now in Italy! When she called home it was after 11 pm in Italy and 4:15 here. She wants you all to know that she will try to post an entry again soon but because they have incredibly busy and structured days she may not have much time. When she gets home she will put together a e-journal recap and a slide show to share.
Highlights--
Fourth of July standing by the statue of Andrew Jackson just outside the White House gates watching fireworks!
Germany--Touring around the cities, touring Bavarian Film studios (they made Das Boot) and touring the Audi museum and factory.
Austria--All of it!! Austria has been the most beautiful place and Molly has a lot of photos. They went on a two hour hike which included going behind a waterfall! Yesterday was medieval day in the 1000 year old city of Freisach and they slept in tents on hay. Molly says it was very cold! The town has a castle, the remains of 3 towers and is surrounded by a wall and a moat. They played medieval games and had feast as well. Molly got to do some drumming with the medieval folks.
They have now left the cold of Austria behind and are basking in the warmth of Italy!
More updates to follow as time and email access allows but for sure a complete wrap up on return!
Thanks you all for your support.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb