Lake Garda


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Lake Garda
August 7th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody. Sorry for not blogging more but it is proving quite hard to get on a computer! We are now in Manerba on the shores of Lake Garda and have been since Monday. Venice was great. had a look around during the day on Saturday and then went back for Sunday evening. Suze managed to get a couple of galleries in so all was good and she was happy for some culture!!! The only down side was the temperature. It was absolutely baking.

Garda is also very hot. We have a pitch overlooking the lake which is beautiful but after the last couple of sites it is tiny.....barely room for the tent and awning! Yesterday we went a little over the top and hired a speedboat for the day (even more Miami vice than yours Nick!).. It cost us a fortune but what a way to see the lake. We had a bottle of fiz with a picnic anchored below the mountains while the kids performed jumping off the side. PERFECT! Then last night we were subjected to a storm. Still not as much rain as you lot though!!! Ha Ha!!

Current plans are to carry on to the south of France on Saturday. Somewhere around Nice or St Tropez????

Sorry for the lack of photos but our camera USB lead seems to have died. I will try to update more when we can.

Thanks for all the comments. Sorry we left you behind Joe Farmer. We miss you awfully!!!! Nige the oil is in the garage (Bel has a key). Simon...don't worry about my van. She's a little dirty but running fine now. Hannah, glad you are looking after Bryony for us!!!! Nick and Helen and the girls....have a great holiday and yes I think you tube will get a new addition on our return!

CIAO. xxxxxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb