Snowboarding the Dolomites


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Dolomites
April 4th 2007
Published: April 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

DolomitiDolomitiDolomiti

The slopes of the mountains are quite high and even then there are these massive cliffs looming above you. Awesome.

Snowboarding the Dolomites

 Europe » Italy » Dolomites By shilpa_dara
April 4th 2007
Dara and Shilpa
We visited the Dolomites a few years ago on a snow holiday and it was an area we definitly wanted to go back to on this trip, and hopefully will get a chance to visit again in the future. Its an amazing mountain range, very different to anything else we have seen. The mountains are formed of anceint coral reefs that were once under the sea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Friendly CampersFriendly Campers
Friendly Campers

This is a friendly well travelled German couple we met at the campsite in Corvara. While we were freezing in our van they invited us over to their lovely warm caravan where one evening they showed us loads of off beaten track places to visit in eastern europe and another evening they cooked us a fabulous fondu and wine meal. They even played us some Dubliners music to make Dara fell at home!
Brrrrrr.....!!!!!!Brrrrrr.....!!!!!!
Brrrrrr.....!!!!!!

With the snow came bitter cold nights. One night Dara woke up at 4am with the shivers so we spent an hour in the wash room to warm up! At this point we were tempted to book into a hotel to thaw out, but luckily the lady at the campsite lent us a heater which allowed us to survive in the van for the rest of the week.
Powder snowPowder snow
Powder snow

After a few days stuck in the van because of heavy snow we enjoyed some great powder snow and off piste boarding in the dolimites :)
Lunch StopLunch Stop
Lunch Stop

These catholic obsessed itallians have lots of crosses around the place.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb