Chioggia - Little Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Chioggia
August 17th 2017
Published: August 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We sailed again last night so we were at the fishing village of Chioggia for our visit today. it was gorgeous sitting on the deck eating pizza and feeling VERY grateful for this lovely holiday.

We walked through this small fishing town on market day to the fish markets followed by a ride on the traditional Bragozzo boat which was used to harvest mussels and clams. It is not the right season to be harvesting so there were many boats moored which made it easy to imagine that the mussel and clam industry must be thriving. You can buy everything from an espresso machine to socks at the markets that operate Thursdays. The fish market operates every day. Lunch was a delightful combination of local seafood including mussels, clams, sardines (fried and pickled). We loved Chioggia and have decided we are "small town" people.

The afternoon was spent sailing back to Venezia - about 30+ degrees so totally appropriate to be up on deck appreciating the view - and breeze. The tiramisu demonstration was fast and furious but we are now in possession of “the” recipe. It was delicious.

At night after dinner we went up on deck and an outdoor movie theatre had been set up where we watched The Tourist - set in Venezia - while we were docked in Venezia - quite surreal.

BEWARE - mushy photo below - taken by Andrea


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Washing DayWashing Day
Washing Day

No fear of getting the washing dry, the minimum daily temperature has been 28 degrees!!
Andrea and her "very attractive tray of drinks"Andrea and her "very attractive tray of drinks"
Andrea and her "very attractive tray of drinks"

Andrea and her husband (the head chef) are from Romania. Andrea was gorgeous and worked so hard to make everything perfect.
Farewell ChioggiaFarewell Chioggia
Farewell Chioggia

We loved this place


20th August 2017

Looks like you are having an amazing time. Great balance between education and gastronomic fortification!! And a little lovvvvve
21st August 2017

SMILING
Well Ann and Mike - what an adventure and I have loved reading your blogs and enjoyed seeing the great photos. (always looking to click LIKE!!) Love the mushy one :-)!! So pleased you are enjoying the culinary delights too, and the weather seems ideal. God bless xx
21st August 2017

Choggia
Love it! All the little coloured houses! Oh and the mushy pic was just gorgeous?Xx

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb