A quiet day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Asolo
June 3rd 2010
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.7933, 11.9128

We've had a really quiet day, after a few days of late nights and visiting relatives. Yesterday, when we left the Pordenone Perissinotto's, the soccer game was continuing, and Tom asked if he could stay with Rita and Elio, who were spending the night at Pordenone. It felt so strange, leaving him behind, but he had a wonderful time being spoilt by Zia Isetta and enjoying the differences (breakfast was a large bowl of milk, and some melba toasts!) And Nonno and Nonna came back from Isetta's with another few kilos of cherries – we are eating so many cherries that it will be amazing if we don't turn red, not to mention the other effects!

The kids did some school work, had a sleep, and in the afternoon, we walked up to Asolo for a drink at the playground, before we went out for pizzas in Asolo. We really needed a rest day, especially as tomorrow will be busy in Verona.

As we had our pizzas, the chariot racers for the Asolo Palio came charging up the hill – teams of runners drag a Roman style chariot 1800m up the hill to the main street of town! Unfortunately, we'll miss the event (in a few weeks time) but we got our own private showing as each of the teams raced up into the main square! I'd rather be the girl on the back than the poor blokes straining up the hill!

Is this a new phenomena? – I've gone a whole day without taking a single photo! Oh, hang on, I forgot these that I took on Rita's camera, of the Palio racers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb