Out of the oven into the pool


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Umbertide
July 10th 2023
Published: July 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post

After the excitement and adrenaline of yesterday (hmm ok, and wine), Sunday was always going to be a day of rest. Had a nice relaxing sleep in before venturing in to Umbertide for a coffee (accompanied by boa constrictor) and some supplies. Home for lunch, lots of jumping/wall walking competitions in the pool and the great pizza creation began.

Much poking was necessary, obviously, and, building on the lessons of the pizzaiolo from Gassino, much throwing of semolina. The oven proved challenging to get to the right temperature so there was some dissatisfaction with the dough, but the masses didn’t seem to mind. Some ventured in to Perugia for some jazz…and some had an early night.

Up the next morning to greet the cooking lady who had come unstuck rally driving in, and despite help, was unable to get the car up to the house, so we had to unload and bring her stuff up for her. No matter, our lesson was soon underway with two lots of cakes going on, some pasta being rolled, zucchini being cut and shredded, grapes cut and bread being kneaded. Everyone made a contribution, the most significant obviously from Will with his garbage removal services…and drinks supply.

She was extremely efficient in her planning and distribution of tasks and we were eating before long. Starter of stuffed bread (torta Al testo) followed by zucchini and guanciale pasta and a main of pork with grape, juniper berries and shallots. And then chocolate cake for dessert. Already promises of recreations at home!

Plenty of time to cool off in the pool before we beautified ourselves for the photographer. Slightly less challenging arrival, and the photos got sillier the hotter we got…eventually ending in the pool.

We didn’t move much for the rest of the evening except for a few breaks for snacks…and more competitive sporting pursuits.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb